Air Purification What is required
The most effective way to improve your indoor air quality is to control or eliminate as many sources of pollution as you can. The first step to take is free—open some windows. But if you live in a city you still have problems so wait for a nice windy day and open the windows when the wind has cleared away a lot of the pollution. You will be able to tele from the smell of it. If it is impossible to eliminate air contaminants, one of the things you can do is incorporate a high-quality air purifier. Fact is there are some very good ones.
One thing that’s clear is that effective air cleaning requires a multi-faceted approach that incorporates a variety of different air cleaning processes. In the past each type of purifier was good at removing one pollutant, but not others. There was no one device that did it all.
Air pollutants fall into three main categories, each requiring a different approach:
1. Actual particles including molds, bacteria, spores, viruses, parasites, animal dander, pollen, etc.
2. Non-biological particles include smoke, dust, heavy metal dust and fragments.
3. Gases and fumes from adhesives, petroleum products, pesticides, paint, and cleaning products; radon, carbon monoxide, personal sprays and products.
There are so many varieties of contaminants generated by today’s toxic world that air purification manufacturers have been in a race to keep up with them. Air purification devices work using some of the following four primary technologies:
Basic filtration methods can reduce particles and biologicals,
mechanical or electrostatic devices physically trap particles in a filter.
Photo Catalytic Oxidation devices filter out particles, gases and biologicals and destroys pollutants using an ultraviolet lamp and a catalyst that reacts with the ultraviolet light.
Negative Ionization works on particles and biologicals, they disperse charged particles into the air to attach to unclean particles thereby causing them to settle where they are easy to collect and dispose of.
Activated oxygen assists with the breakdown of biologicals
When we find the perfect one or even a really good one we will have the information on this site.
Strategies you will need to greatly reduce your indoor air pollutants, thereby reducing your family’s toxic exposure.
• Increase ventilation by opening a few windows every day for 5 to 10 minutes, preferably on opposite sides of the house. But do that especially on windy days when the air smells better.
NASA has found that plants improve the air! So we are preparing a list of the best ones. Stay tuned.
Discourage tobacco smoking in or around your home.
• Take your shoes off as soon as you enter the house, and leave them by the door to prevent tracking in of toxic particles.
• Switch to non pollutant cleaning products, such as baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar and safer personal care products. Throw out the aerosols. Avoid commercial air fresheners and scented candles, which can spread thousands of different chemicals into your breathing space.
• Hang dry cleaned clothing in your garage or shed or hang them outside for a day or two. Also see if there’s a a dry cleaner in your city that uses some of the newer dry cleaning technologies, such as liquid CO2.
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets, rugs, and floors regularly. Maybe get rid of large areas of carpet. Every time a person walks across the floor, a whirlwind of irritants is stirred up.
• Have your furnace and air conditioning ductwork and chimney cleaned regularly.
• Avoid storing paints, adhesives, solvents, and other harsh chemicals in your house or in an attached garage.
Avoid using nonstick cookware. In fact you can consider giving up cooking altogether It pollutes the air.
• When building or remodeling, opt for safer and more eco-friendly materials. VOC-free paints are becoming easier to find.
Opt for sustainable hardwood flooring instead of carpet. Carpet traps a multitude of particles such as pet dander, heavy metals, and all sorts of allergens.
• Make sure your house has proper drainage and its foundation is sealed properly.
There is much more coming on this site about Air Purification Stay Tuned.